Saturday, January 19, 2008



I'm finally feeling better after being sick for a week; I have a phlegmy cough and I'm still blowing my nose every so often but I think the fever is gone at last and I don't feel as miserable as I did. The great thing about being sick is that you can get better, and once you get better life just feels grand. To celebrate, I went for a walk around the block.

Unfortunately, although it's sunny and cheerful-looking out, it's about ten degrees. My feet are still frozen into little blocks. The sky is terribly gorgeous, though.

1 comment:

Elizabeth McClung said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, I strangely love the day the illness is finally overcome with wellness since I never seem to have felt that good (or simply having been feeling bad so long feeling not bad is GREAT!).

I am going to attempt and Oscar Wilde Quote: That all of us lie in the gutter, some of us stare at the stars. (which may be appriopriate to your looking up or just show what I gigantic cynic Oscar Wilde was).